HYON is passionate about driving sustainable shipping and are opening for like-minded people to join our team. To strengthen our technical staff, we are looking for candidates with a background from engineering and technical positions. The technical team is responsible for development, validation and industrialization of world leading hydrogen products for the maritime industry.
The Design Manager will be responsible for designing products and solutions, and will contribute to forming a company that is unique owing to the owners’ proprietary technology, the ongoing projects and the total value chain offering. The successful candidate should care about building teams and have a background in design and development of maritime systems and solutions. He or she should specifically document profound experience in design of gas systems to maritime rules and regulations. The position will also include technical sales activities, where HYON and its owners’ zero emission solutions are integrated in the clients’ design.
The responsibilities of the Design Manager cover among other:
- Continuous development of the integrated hydrogen solutions and products from idea to finalized projects, including developing and maintaining technical documentation
- Technology qualification, approval and certification processes
- Close cooperation with representatives from the company owners, including being well aligned with the owner’s product technical specifications and pricing
- Serve the clients and potential clients with necessary technical information of the company’s and owners’ products, systems and technical services
- Identify the market and client’s need and transform this into new solutions and products
- Contribute to the evaluation and development of the company’s business cases, including pricing of the company’s systems and products
- As a minimum B.Sc in Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering or similar
- Minimum 10 years’ experience from design of maritime and/or oil & gas machinery and systems including design of gas fuel systems to maritime regulations
- Experienced in 2D and 3D CAD tools like AutoCad, SolidWorks, Inventor, Navisworks
- A strong and broad professional network is valued
- Excellent English written and oral skills. Knowledge of a Scandinavian language is highly evaluated
- Excellent ability to grasp the key success factors of the industry, as well as client’s need, and to develop and design new solutions and products where needed
- A commercial mindset is valued, with a talent for streamlining and standardization of solutions
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently in a self-propelled manner
- Easygoing attitude with ability to communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
The company can offer:
- Good personal development opportunities in a company in strong growth, with world class owners and sustainable products with strong environmentally focus
- A good working environment with skilled colleagues and professional environments
- Freedom to structure your own workday
- Competitive insurance and pension schemes
HYON offices are in Oslo. However; local anchoring and networks with the Norwegian maritime cluster is highly valued, and working partly from home base other than Oslo area is possible.