HYON is passionate about driving sustainable shipping and are opening for like-minded people to join our team. To strengthen our technical staff, we are looking for candidates with a background from engineering and technical management positions. The technical team is responsible for development, validation and industrialization of world leading hydrogen products for the maritime industry.
The Engineering Director will join the leader group and take part in shaping a company with a unique position in the maritime industry owing to the owners’ proprietary technology, the ongoing projects and the total value chain offering. The successful candidate should care about building teams and have a background in design and development of maritime systems and solutions. He or she should specifically document the ability to set up, execute and follow-up total EPCI projects with an emphasis on technical soundness, resource efficiency and cost. The position will also include technical sales activities, where HYON and its owners’ zero emission solutions are integrated in the clients’ design.
The responsibilities of the Engineering Director cover among other:
- Contract establishment and negotiation and establish governing documentation and Design Basis
- Perform verification and selection of collaborators and sub-contractors for the company’s products and solutions
- Manage the contact towards clients, collaborators and sub-contractors
- Contribute to the evaluation and development of the company’s business cases, including pricing of the company’s systems and products
- In commercial projects or R&D projects; define scope of work, activities and schedule, including budgeting and commercial pricing
- As a minimum B.Sc in Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering or similar
- Experience from design of maritime and/or oil & gas machinery and systems including design of gas fuel systems to maritime regulations
- Minimum 10 years’ experience from product development as well as establishing and working under EPCI contracts, overseeing a project’s life cycle from concept to completion
- A strong and broad professional network is valued
- Excellent English written and oral skills, a Scandinavian language is highly evaluated
- Systematic and organized, having attention to details but without losing the larger picture
- Executing professionalism in handling clients and subcontractors
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently in a self-propelled manner
- Easygoing attitude with ability to communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- Managerial experience will be desired
- Presenting skills; experienced in managing meetings as well as presenting in larger forums. Hydrogen is a novelty for many of our clients, and the ability to tailor the message to the audience’s level is highly evaluated.
The company can offer:
- Good personal development opportunities in a company in strong growth, with world class owners and sustainable products with strong environmentally focus
- A good working environment with skilled colleagues and professional environments
- Freedom to structure your own workday
- Competitive insurance and pension schemes
HYON offices are in Oslo. However; local anchoring and networks with the Norwegian maritime cluster is highly valued and working partly from home base other than Oslo area is possible.