About Nel Hydrogen US:
Hydrogen… the most abundant element in the universe is your ticket to a rewarding future. Every day there are reports on how (produced by water electrolysis and renewable energy sources) it is displacing fossil fuels, reducing greenhouse gasses and helping to revitalize our planet.
Nel Hydrogen US is the global leader in on-site hydrogen generation, the largest electrolyzer manufacturer in the world. Armed with a full portfolio of water electrolyzers and hydrogen fueling station technologies, Nel Hydrogen US is leading the charge into the new green hydrogen economy.
If you are driven by personal initiative, loyalty, and commitment to your team and the ability to convert complex issues into simple solutions, then we want to talk to you. Help make the world a better place. Join a company that is on the cutting edge of new energy innovations, with an energized, progressive culture.
The Payroll, Benefits, & HR Administer administers the activities relating to the company payroll, benefits and processing including developing, implementing, and monitoring (e.g., performing internal audit and control procedures to ensure that all wages and taxes are accurate) of an organization of approximately 120-140 employees.
- Process payroll for hourly, salaried, and temporary employees; including reviewing and importing hours from time and attendance system, entering tax and direct deposit information, administering regulatory requirements, e.g., garnishments, tax levies, benefit calculations and support orders, and other adjustments to pay as necessary.
- Collection and verification of time sheets.
- Maintain ADP records: new hire set up, terminations, and changes.
- Implement and maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency and consult with Human Resources team to improve payroll processes.
- Evaluate and implement payroll system upgrades and changes.
- Respond to all unemployment claims in a timely manner.
- Maintain employee records in payroll system.
- Perform internal audit and control procedures to ensure that all wages and taxes are accurate.
- Review W-2 forms before mailing. (ADP produces W-2s).
- Produce scheduled, weekly, biweekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reports pertaining to payroll, benefits, and human resources requirements.
- Administer all employee benefit programs including enrollments, changes, and terminations.
- Coordinate and conduct the new employee on boarding process and present benefit presentations to ensure employees understand benefit plans and enrollment process.
- Fulfill all governmental regulatory mandates and ensure filings are performed as required for Federal and State agencies.
- Help plan and administer annual open enrollment period. This includes preparation (or revision) and distribution of materials, conducting meetings to communicate changes to employees, arranging for on-site representation by providers, and processing changes within deadlines.
- Plan, conduct, and report results of audits to ensure all enrollments are accurate and that dependent information is correct for each employee.Work closely with Accounting for quarterly and year end audits (payroll, Workers Comp, 401k, etc.).
- Address benefit inquiries to ensure timely and accurate resolutions. Maintain contact with employees to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Process monthly billings from providers. Review billings for accuracy and approve for payment in a timely manner. Resolve payrolldiscrepancies with carriers.
- Coordinate with third party administrator to manage disability claims according to the plan.
- Assist with handling COBRA, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, unemployment, FMLA, workers compensation claims, 401K distributions, loans, hardships, and compliance testing.
- Prepare and set up meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs. Ensure distribution of required employee notices.
- Prepare and maintain monthly employee reports, new-hire, and absentee reports.
- Process annual ACA reporting.
HR Administration (30%)
- Assist with job post advertisements: boards, colleges, professional associations and organize resumes and job applicants.
- Assist with recruitment and interview process. Track status of candidates and respond with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Conduct reference and background checks.
- Schedule pre-employment drug tests.
- Prepare offer and declination letters.
- Prepare and send new hire orientation package.
- Verify I-9 documentation and maintain I-9 files.
- Prepare new employee files.
- Assist with new hire orientation and the onboard process.
- Other special projects as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or related field required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- At least 5 years of experience with payroll processing and benefit administration required, preferably with a company with at least 100 employees.
- Experience with ADP system.
- Proficiency in auditing, reconciliation, and controls with payroll and benefits.
- Familiarity with employment laws related to payroll and benefits, including HIPAA, EEO, ACA, ERISA, etc.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentially of employee payroll and personal
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work closely and effectively with a team across multiple departments.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
- Attention to Detail/Accuracy
- Problem Solving Skills
- Computer Skills; Microsoft office suite
- Positive Attitude
- Work Ethic and Integrity
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided.
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need