Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve industries, energy, and gas companies with leading hydrogen technology. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles - without the emissions.
About the position
Provide overall leadership and direction for the company’s Regulatory Compliance and Third-Party Certifications on new and existing products.
- Interpret regulatory requirements in a product design and development environment to ensure the resultant products are safe, reliable, and code compliant
- Advise design engineers on compliance options and impact of design decisions as it relates to standards the product must ultimately meet
- Coordinate NRTL product testing including assessing and communicating all issues of noncompliance as they are identified during testing
- Maintain all current technical file documentation and assisting in all NRTL follow-up audits as they relate to product compliance and product certification
- Propose, coordinate, and direct tests to verify product compliance, safety, performance, quality, and robustness. Propose effective corrective actions, as necessary
- Conduct and Document HAZOPs and Risk Assessments
- Perform high level Hazardous Area Evaluations for Proposed Product Construction and Siting including experience with siting of industrial equipment in hazardous / process environments
- Establish and deliver a cost-effective strategic plan for optimizing and enhancing system integrity while ensuring regulatory compliance
- Develop both technical methods and administrative procedures/processes to ensure regulatory compliance in Nel’s product markets
- Participate in or provide guidance to International Codes/Standards Committees (represent Company)
- Remain current on relevant standards to support product compliance testing for both new and existing products
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Required skills and abilities
- Fifteen years related experience in Product Safety and Code Compliance; preferred experience with Hydrogen Generation, Fuel Cell, Fuel Gas Related Equipment, or Petrochemical industry
- Five or more years demonstrated experience and expertise in achieving product and project regulatory requirements relating to CE directives (ATEX, PED, EMC, MD, RoHS, WEEE, REACH); ICC codes, and standards ISO22734, IEC61010-1, ISO19880, NFPA 2 (Chapter 13), NFPA 55, UL508A, NFPA 79
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance processes involving regulatory bodies, product standards, product certifications and marking
- Strong working knowledge of safety testing equipment and certifying agency techniques for the purpose of compliance testing
- Ability to define problems, interpret data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of conceptual and practical problems
- Function as a “team player” and work constructively and cooperatively with all departments in the best interests of the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication needed for interactions with both internal and external customers
- Experience with or leading DFMEAs and/or PFMEAs is desirable. Experience with PHA Pro highly desirable
- Must be self-motivated able to manage a variety of projects simultaneously and prioritize workflow
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and timely
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) required
- Attention to Detail/Accuracy
- Problem Solving Skills
- Critical Evaluation
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Nel Hydrogen provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits for its employees as well as a stock option plan. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
- Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided
- Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire
To apply, please send your cover letter and resumé to email@example.com
Applications for this position must be received by XX Month, 2020.
Equal opportunity employer
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.