Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve industries, energy, and gas companies with leading hydrogen technology. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
In the NEL Hydrogen Development & Engineering (D&E) Department, in the Systems Team you will, as our Process Engineer be responsible for developing process design solutions on equipment ranging from simple to complex systems. You will work with design, flow, control, safety, test, and optimization of fueling stations performance. You will work closely with your colleagues in the System Engineering Team and the rest of the development department. The Systems Engineering Team consists of two Electrical Engineers, one Process Engineer and one Mechanical Engineer. Some travel activity must be expected.
• Calculation of capacity, pressure, temperature, and flow
• Developing new processes and methods
• Design and develop piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID)
• Risk analysis and documentation
• Drive and support FMEA
• Testing and verification of compliance with requirements and specifications
• Hazard location specification
• Safety relief and pressure drop calculations in MathLab
• You have several years of experience in Process Engineering.
• Educated as minimum Bachelor within Fluid dynamics
• Technical insight into thermodynamics and fluid mechanics involving flow, pressure, temperature, and cooling parameters.
• Experience in Process flow diagrams (PFD)
• Experience in Piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID)
• Being familiar with Safety studies such as FMEA, Hazop, Lopa is a plus
• Fluent in English both verbal and in writing
• Good technical overview and understanding
• Ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
Nel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.